Alcoholism is a condition when a person have signs of physical addiction to alcohol and continues to drink , despite problems with physical and psychological health. Alcohol abuse is when person's drinking habits leads to problems, but not physical addiction.
These problems can lead to a number of harmful physical, psychological and socioeconomic effects such as alcohol poisoning, cirrhosis of the liver, inability to work and socialize and destructive behaviors(violence and vandalism).
Alcoholism is not a gender related disease.
· Continue to drink, even after knowing the ill effects of drinking
· Drink alone
· Become hostile when asked about drinking
· Unable to control drinking
· Make excuses to drink
· Miss work or school, or have a decrease in performance because of drinking
· Stop taking part in activities because of alcohol
· Need to consume alcohol on most days to get through the day
· Become violent if somebody tries to stop them to drink
In addition, physical problems also develops. Alcoholics suffer from disturbing memory lapses called blackouts. Alcoholics eat poorly because their irritated liver and inflamed digestive systems leads to heart burns and nausea.
The warning signs are "slurred speech, alcohol odour".
drunk syndrome" is a syndrome characterized by short temper, irritability